What To Do Until Help Arrives
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall’ hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be very heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air condition on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
SERVPRO of South Chesterfield/Wildwood